Welcome to Pelorus, a stunning part of Marlborough, New Zealand where forested mountains meet the sea, and where there are plenty of old gold miners' tales. It's a place famous for it's seafood; you might like to try some snapper fishing yourself, or maybe dine on some of the world famous greenshell mussels that are farmed in the area.
If you're into the great outdoors, there are plenty of walking tracks and camp sites, and there are plenty of activities on the water too, from kayaking in the rivers or the sea, to taking a cruise on the mail boat, or a luxury charter vessel, with something to suit any budget and style.
Check out the directory of local businesses that can help you out with everything including food, transport, accommodation, recreational activities and more.
Locals know how special Pelorus is. Let them show you around, and we're sure you'll agree with them, it's a great destination.
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE 2020 MUSSEL FEST RAFFLE WINNERS
1. ONE NIGHT'S STAY FOR TWO PEOPLE AT THE LODGE AT TE RAWA --- TICKET NUMBER RED E 047
2. AN AFTERNOON'S CRUISE ON THE SEAFOOD ODESSY - TICKET NUMBER BLUE E 041
3. ONE NIGHT'S STAY FOR TWO PEOPLE AT HOPEWELL LODGE - TICKET NUMBER BLUE E 052
4. A HAMPER OF GOODIES FROM THE HAVELOCK FOUR SQUARE - TICKET NUMBER ORANGE E 018
5. SHERRINGTON HONEY AND T-SHIRT - TICKET NUMBER GREEN 007
6. PELORUS MAILBOAT TOUR FOR 2 PEOPLE - TICKET NUMBER ORANGE E 028
To collect your vouchers please email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the name and telephone number written on the ticket and we will email the vouchers to you.
Winner of the hamper from Four Square please present your ticket to a member of staff at the Four Square shop in Havelock where your hamper of goodies is waiting for you.
Our thanks to all who provided prizes and to all who entered.